.

Z: Zapped

Z: Zapped - A to Z Challenge

He was dragging me by my hair. I kept shouting and screaming and all the people watched like all of it was a big mockery. The rocks and dirt had torn my clothes at many places and now my bare skin felt the pang of the hard surfaces. However, it did not stop him dragging me all the way to my house.

Tears were streaming down my eyes. What was my fault? I had failed to acknowledge. Just because I was in love with a guy who belonged to a lower caste, I was exposed to a fate that I believe should not be experienced even by my enemies. I don’t know how they had treated him after catching us hand in hand. All I knew was a tight slap on my face by my father, which had left me almost unconscious. Next, he was dragging me all the way through my hair.

My mother stood still at a corner as he slapped me continuously once I was outside our house. What could she do? She had no authority. When the incessant slaps stopped, I was bruised and bleeding. “I love him papa,” I managed to speak out. My brother approached me and before I could acknowledge anything, I felt like I was zapped and the world went black.



Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
April 30, 2015 at 10:38 PM delete

I've read about similar sorts of things happening to girls. So sad. When will they have equal rights? Good topic.

Reply
avatar
Shonda
AUTHOR
May 1, 2015 at 2:17 AM delete

Wow! Just wow. I cannot imagine what that must have been like. We are all human. So sad.

Reply
avatar
May 1, 2015 at 3:32 AM delete

It's painful how people are blinded by stupid beliefs. Your writing always fab and amazing way of expression to voice out.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 4:01 PM delete

Honor Killings have become a nightmare for young people and teenagers. And it happens both ways. Even the guys have to face a similar wrath.
Some people are still stuck to the old ages with primitive thinking. I hope things change soon.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM delete

Yes it's sad and it makes you shiver when you read such cases. I just wish the procrastinated change comes soon.!!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM delete

Thank you so much Vishal. That was a big compliment :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon