.

You're the Password to My Life (Sudeep Nagarkar) - Review

You're the Password to My Life (Sudeep Nagarkar) - Review

You're the Password to My Life (Sudeep Nagarkar) - Rating

Author:  Sudeep Nagarkar
Publisher: Penguin Random House India
Publication Year: 2014
ISBN: 9788184005844
Pages: Paperback, 234 pages



Virat and Kavya are best friends. Though people might think they share a relation that is a step ahead friendship, they maintain to be just best friends. Together, they are full of life and never shy away from creating reckless fun.

Virat falls in love with Mahek and even she accepts his love. But even then, Kavya continues to be an integral part of Virat’s life; even Mahek’s now. The trio of them are extremely happy with their lives.

On the other hand is Rohan, a good online friend of Virat. He is madly in love with Zoya but she decides to end their relation seeking no positive future due to cast differences. Riddhima loves Rohan but Rohan can’t think of her more than a good friend. Aditya, the cousin of Rohan wants him to move on and so does Virat.

Life is good for each one of them until they come across an unforeseen incident and this is when friendship is put to test.


I did not know what all to write in the blurb section of You’re the Password to My Life. Simply because there is a lot that happens in the book and it circles around several characters.

When I began reading the book, I did not like it. I hated the writing frankly. Seeking the fact that he is a best seller, I felt disheartened. Also, I did not like how he portrayed the friendly relation between Virat and Kavya. It was over the limit for me.

But then, I was liking some of the quotes which made me interested and kept me reading. I must say here that the language used in You’re the Password to My Life is easy enabling you to quickly read through the pages.

The story picked up differently after some 100 pages or less. This was when I started liking the book. More good lines ensured a pleasurable reading. Then, came a clich├ęd turn. No, I did not hate it but if you have read a lot of Indian authors, you can guess pretty much. However, there is a lot that happens after that and this is the particular section I liked the most in the book.

You’re the Password to My Life brings several lives together and though I can’t tell you how (because it will be a spoiler) but I can say that you are going to love it. It might not end like you had wished but it will leave you with a good feeling. The climax section is heartwarming and hits the right chords for me.

You’re the Password to My Life is my first book from Sudeep Nagarkar and I must say that I’m impressed how he adds those meaningful and heartwarming sentences in between the context of the book. He even used Hindi proses in between and some of them were really good. But maybe, the amount could have been decreased as it is awkward to read Hindi when the whole book is in English. The best part is that you can relate with the story because things like those happen in real life as well. You fall in love, heart breaks take place, shitty situations do conquer your world unexpectedly, friendship is put to test, and happiness and sadness are the two essential phases of life. I just think that he should step up from writing like an amateur at many places. I believe he can narrate much better if he can write those beautiful quotes.

We all have that one person in our lives in whose absence our existence seems meaningless!
Life is not about finding someone you can live with. It's more about finding that someone who can't live without you.
It’s not about how long you’ve known each other or how often you meet. If your wavelength matches, then one meeting is all it takes.
When you spend so much time with another person, you get so used to their presence around you that their absence hurts you. Even your likes and dislikes change accordingly. It’s completely normal to miss those moments once that person chooses to walk away from you. Your heart will be broken, stomped on, crushed and shattered, unit you find that one person who can put it all back together again.
Life becomes romantic when our eyes start looking at someone silently, but it turns more romantic when that someone starts reading those eyes silently.
There are some things we don’t want to acknowledge but we have to accept them anyway. There are people who we can’t live without but we have to sometimes let them go.
Zindagi ko badalne me waqt nahi lagta, Par kabhi kabhi waqt ko badalne me zindagi lag jati hai!!
 
Previous
Next Post »

9 comments

Write comments
Swathi Shenoy
AUTHOR
February 3, 2015 at 7:25 AM delete

Good review anmol :) I read 'It started with a friend request' from the same author and didn't like it at all! So have decided not to buy his book again!

Reply
avatar
Neeci
AUTHOR
February 3, 2015 at 1:13 PM delete

At least you are honest about how this book could have been written better. I love the first quote "We all have that one person in our lives whose absence or existence seems meaningless!" I know a few people that I can think of in regards to it :)

Reply
avatar
February 3, 2015 at 1:24 PM delete

Thanks for the review, it is always interesting to get to know new writers and what people think about them!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM delete

Thankfully that's now where I started then :p

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 4, 2015 at 11:22 PM delete

That was the best part about the book, the quotes. You can relate to so many of them :)

Reply
avatar
Shweta Dave
AUTHOR
February 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM delete

Good review and nice quotes indeed. But seems like a run of a mill story but still a quick read isn't it?

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM delete

Thank you. :)
Yeah you can say that.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon